Thursday, March 24, 2011

Travel: Bangkok, Thailand (Part II)

Day 4 - Temple sight-seeing
On the forth day of my stay in Bangkok, friends and I went on to explore the magnificent temples around the city from one to another. That's where I also found out more about the distinct differences of thai temples with northern temple architecture. To state the obvious, supposedly the Thai temples are more colorful in their ornements and designs as opposed to those of China and other places.




The sleeping Buddha, Bangkok
Chinatown 

After visiting four different temples, our hungry stomachs were signaling for food and there was no better place to break fast than Chinatown. This time, we actually visited Chinatown without getting lost. All thanks to Jessy James. 

Chinatown, Bangkok


Crowd in Chinatown, Bangkok
And we kept wandering around until we were just tired enough for the night.

Day 5 - Homelessness

With no cash and no plans of any sort, I checked out of my hostel and entered the rough and tumble world of sidewalks. First thing in my head was to head over to Khaosan road and get a bed at another backpackers dorm, Napark, where Diana and Rahel stayed in. Ofcourse after I withdrew cash from the ATM that is. So that would fix the homeless situation I was in but I still needed some planning. I bought a Lonely Planet book right after, for a real bargain which had a few insightful maps and tips. That night itself, I made my mind; I needed to get away from the busy capital and bought a return ticket to Koh Tao island.

That day in particular was so hot and the walking took so long that I ended up with a bad case of migraine. It was only godsent that I was spotted by Diana in front of Napark. She is such a lifesaver. She fixed me up in a matter of two pills and a beer. Having had bus tickets for the night, I had to check out of Napark for a refund. As for the rest of the night, before departure to my one-day island trip, Diana and I sat outside Napark with a few beers chatting away with a fellow backpacker, our third party companion happened to be an experimental physicist and a researcher based in Germany. he was one super entertaining fella.      


Soon enough it was time to depart, a 9 hour bus and ferry ride ahead of me and 5 days of awesome experience with friends behind. It was time to move on and get some personal quality time by the beach to reflect, unwind and relax..

Last updated: 11th July 2012

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...